E/Z Prime 895™
E/Z Prime 895™ is a water-based, single-component primer/adhesive for bonding aluminum foil to polyethylene and other polyolefins by the extrusion or lamination process. Other ionomer polyesters and co-polymers also have been successfully bonded to foil, and each other, in various combination.
• Custom blended to your solids specifications—no diluting before use; eliminates costly mixing errors
• Easy clean-up and tack-free drying
• Ingredients are FDA and USDA approved for indirect food contact
*The information listed here is intended to assist in determining the suitability of our products. We recommend that our products be tested to determine successful performance for the intended purpose.
- Versatility – Substrate combinations incorporating foil/heat seal layer interfaces made with E/Z Prime 895™ may be used for a wide range of pouches to contain a variety of package contents
- USDA and FDA components approved for packaging
- High bond levels
- Used as supplied—no diluting necessary
- Stable; 9-month shelf life if kept tightly closed
- Ease of drying
- Spills clean up with water
- Non-hazardous to workers and environment
- Fully recoverable if frozen
|Room Temperature||50° F and up|
|Solution Temperature||35° F and up|
|Application Method||Direct Gravure, Flexo, Rod, Roll, etc|
|Accepting Film||Corona treated recommended, but not required|
|Extrudate Condition||Should be oxidized while coating|
The individual components of E/Z Prime 895™ have been approved for indirect food contact under FDA regulation 21 CFR part 175.105 and also conforms to CFR part 176.170 for Adhesive Laminates and CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180 and 175.300 components in contact with food.
Elm Grove Industries, LLC is a global supplier of specialty chemical products for the plastics and packaging industries.
The information contained herein is intended to assist you in determining the suitability of our product for your commercial or industrial applications. As performance characteristics vary according to application, operating conditions, use, etc., we recommend that you test our products to determine to your satisfaction that quality and performance are suitable for your particular purpose. Nothing herein shall constitute a warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranty of merchantability or fitness, nor is protection from any patent to be inferred.
E/Z Prime 895™ is not classified as a hazardous substance under DOT or OSHA regulations or as a controlled product under WHIMS (Canada regulations). It does not contain any hazardous components at levels which have implications for labeling.